SPECIFIC™ FKD – Kidney Support is designed to provide nutritional support for adult cats with reduced heart, kidney and/or liver function.
High levels of Omega 3 from fish, reduced protein and carefully balanced vitamins and minerals support blood pressure and reduce kidney workload. This dry food is also designed to help prevent the formation of calcium oxalate, urate or cysteine stones. For adult cats with kidney and heart disease and cats with or Calcium Oxalate, Urate and Cystine stones.
Why choose Kidney Support:
- Lower mineral and protein levels to reduce kidney workload combined with proteins of high biological value, providing all of the protein requirements even with the reduced levels.
- High level of fish oil to support heart rhythm and blood pressure – this can also support kidney function.
- Restricted phosphorus content supports normal blood pressure and slows decline in kidney function.
- Lower protein, added potassium citrate and alkaline urine helps to prevent the formation of calcium oxalate, urate or cystine stones.
- Packed under nitrogen to preserve the precious and fragile Omega 3 fish oils.
The daily individual requirement may vary depending on factors such as breed, environment, season, activity etc. It is therefore advisable to continue monitoring condition and body weight, adjusting the amount fed accordingly.
Chronic renal insufficiency.
Hepatic insufficiency (except patients with cholestasis).
Congestive heart failure, hypertension, oedema.
Urate, oxalate or cystine urolithiasis
Wheat, maize starch, animal fat, maize protein, potato protein, fish oil, rice, eggs, powdered cellulose, minerals, fish meal, vitamins and trace elements, hydrolysed yeast protein, psyllium husk, taurine, tripotassium citrate, sunflower oil, tryptophan, lysine, L-carnitine.
Antioxidant: EC approved additives: BHA, BHT, ascorbyl palmitate, propyl gallate. It contains no artificial colours or flavouring.
Not recommended for
Kittens, pregnant and lactating queens.
Patients with cholestasis: A diet with a restricted fat content (such as SPECIFIC™ FRD/FRW Weight Reduction or SPECIFIC™ FXD Adult) is more suitable.
Cats with struvite urolithiasis.
If you are in any doubt, it is recommended you seek the advice of your veterinary surgeon before using this product.