Terms & Conditions
PDSA Pet Store Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions ("Terms") describe the basis for the purchase by you and sale by us of the goods described on this webshop (the "Webshop").
- About Us
In these Terms, "we" "us" and "our" means PDSA Trading Ltd (company number 01595637), whose registered office is at PDSA Head Office, Whitechapel Way, Priorslee, Telford, TF2 9PQ. (Our VAT number is 356 7639 13.)
If you have any questions, complaints or comments about the goods then please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Formation of agreement
2.1 An agreement for us to sell you goods is made on the basis of these Terms when we accept your order for goods through the Webshop. You should keep a copy of these Terms for future reference. We will not always file a copy of any orders made by you.
2.2 The description of the goods, price, currency, VAT, insurance and delivery costs are set out in the order page of the Webshop.
3.1 Orders shall be accepted at our sole discretion but are normally accepted if the goods are available, the order reflects current pricing, and your payment method is authorised for the transaction. Acceptance is also dependant on our suppliers supplying us with the goods.
3.2 The price quoted to you at the time we confirm your order shall remain valid for 14 days from that time. If the price has increased in between the expiry of that period and the delivery date, we will first confirm with you by e-mail that the new price is acceptable before continuing.
3.3 We will confirm receipt and acceptance of your order through our automatic screen confirmation of the order. We will also follow this up with a confirmatory e-mail.
- Registration, Passwords and Security
4.1 As part of your order, you will be asked to set-up a password and user name. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and user name and are responsible for all activities that are carried out under them. We do not have the means to check the identities of people using the Webshop and will not be responsible for losses suffered by you where your password or user name is used by someone else unless this is due to our negligence. You agree to notify us immediately by email to email@example.com or by phone on 01952 290999 if you become aware of or suspect any unauthorised use of your password or user name.
4.2 Emails to you shall be to the address you specify to us. It is important that you give us an accurate and valid e-mail address and tell us of any changes to it.
- Your promises to us
5.1 You confirm to us that:
- you are over 18;
- all information and details provided by you to us (including on registration) are true, accurate and up to date in all respects and at all times. You can update or correct your personal details at any time by amending your account details at My Account; and
- you will comply with the restrictions on your orders for goods as set out in these Terms.
5.2 When purchasing veterinary medicines you confirm to us that:
- when purchasing veterinary medicines the medicines are for use on your own animal only and will not be resold;
- the medicines will be used according to the product’s authorisation which can be found on the VMD’s Product Information Database; and
- you know how to use the product, or if you are unsure, will contact your vet for advice on how to use the product.
- Your conduct
6.1 You agree that in using the Webshop you will not:
- use the Webshop for any unlawful purpose;
- use the Webshop in any way that interrupts, damages, impairs or renders the Webshop less efficient;
- transfer files that contain viruses, trojans or other harmful programs; and/or
- access or attempt to access the accounts of other users or to penetrate or attempt to penetrate the Webshop security measures;
6.2 We reserve the right to suspend, restrict or terminate your access to the Webshop at any time without notice if we have reasonable grounds to believe you have breached any of these restrictions. This shall not limit our right to take any other action against you that we consider appropriate to defend our rights or those of any other person.
6.3 If we take legal action against you for non-payment or any other breach of these Terms and a court makes an award in our favour you will be responsible for all costs allowable by the Courts.
7.1 Payment for the goods and related costs will be due at the time we accept your order.
7.2 You confirm to us that the payment method that is being used is yours. If your payment provider refuses to authorise payment we will not accept your order and we will not be responsible for any non-delivery of the goods. We are not responsible for your payment provider charging you as a result of our processing of your payment in accordance with your order.
- Delivery Dates
8.1 Unless we specify otherwise, delivery dates will always be up to 5 business days. However, all delivery dates are given only for general guidance and we will not be held liable in any way for late delivery of goods.
- Method/Failed Delivery
9.1 We shall attempt to deliver the goods to the address you specify for delivery. It is important that these addresses supplied by you to us are accurate.
- Your rights
10.1 You have certain rights under the law. These include:
- that any goods supplied by us will be of satisfactory quality, fit for their intended purpose, and will conform to any description given on this Webshop;
- certain remedies if goods are defective; and
- a right to cancel your order within fourteen working days beginning after the day on which you receive the goods, and to receive a full refund, even if the goods are not defective. This right is subject to certain conditions and exceptions (see 'Return of non-faulty goods below')
Nothing in these Terms is intended to affect your statutory rights. For more information about your statutory rights contact your local Citizens Advice Bureau or Trading Standards Officer.
- Return of non-faulty goods
11.1 We hope that you will be happy with your purchase of goods from us. If not, you have the right to return the goods to us and receive a full refund provided that:
- you notify us in writing that you are cancelling your purchase no later than the fourteenth working day after the day on which you received your goods;
- you have taken reasonable care of the goods prior to return;
- you may give us notice of cancellation by any written means (including email, fax letter), but it will speed up the process for you and us if you contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org;
- you will be responsible for the cost of returning the goods to us, unless they are faulty, incorrect or misdescribed; and
- please return the goods in suitable packaging to ensure they reach us in good condition.
We will refund the purchase price and original delivery charge of any goods returned no later than 30 days from the day when you give us notice of cancellation.
Please note that if you fail to take reasonable care of returned goods, or fail to return the goods to us, we will be entitled to make a claim against you for any losses which we suffer. Please also note that you do not have the right to return perishable goods, unless they are faulty or have been misdescribed.
- Return of faulty goods
12.1 If the goods are faulty or do not meet the description given on the Webshop at the time you placed the order, please contact us as soon as possible on email@example.com or 01952 290999. We will refund the purchase price, delivery charge and any reasonable costs you incur in returning to us.
We recommend that returned products are sent via an insured, traceable service.
- Manufacturer's Recalls
In the rare event that a manufacturer wishes to recall any goods we have sold to you, we will contact you to discuss the appropriate steps that we and you need to take.
- Access to the Webshop and content
14.1 We are continually improving our goods and Webshop, so specifications or design changes may be made at any time. We shall use reasonable commercial endeavours to keep the Webshop up to date but information and specifications given are for your information only and are subject to change without notice.
14.2 We try to ensure that pictures of the goods on the Webshop are as accurate as possible, but there are technical limitations and slight variations in colour and texture between the pictures and the goods themselves must be expected.
14.3 We will endeavour to allow uninterrupted access to the Webshop, but access may be suspended, restricted or terminated at any time.
- Scope of advertisements
15.1 The content of the Webshop is directed primarily at those who access the site from the United Kingdom. We make no representation or warranty that any goods referred to in the Webshop are available or are otherwise suitable for use outside the United Kingdom.
16.1 You will only own the goods once they have been successfully delivered and when we have received cleared payment for them in full. Until that time we will retain title to the goods. Goods supplied are not for resale.
17.1 If you have a valid claim in respect of any of the goods which is based on any defect in the quality or condition of the goods or their failure to meet specification in accordance with these Terms, we shall be entitled to replace the goods (or the faulty part in question) free of charge or, at our sole discretion, refund to you the price of the goods (or a proportionate part of the price).
17.2 We will take all reasonable care to keep your order secure, but in the absence of our sole negligence we cannot be held liable for any loss you may suffer if a third party obtains unauthorised access to any data (including credit and account details) you provide when accessing or ordering from the Webshop.
17.3 If we breach these Terms we shall only be liable for losses which are a reasonably foreseeable consequence of such a breach. Losses are foreseeable where they could be contemplated by you and us at the time of entering into these Terms.
17.4 We are not responsible for:
- losses not caused by our breach;
- indirect losses which are a side effect of the main loss or damage and which are not reasonably foreseeable by you and us at the time of entering into these Terms, for example loss of profits or loss of opportunity; and/or
- failure to provide the goods or to meet any of our obligations under these Terms where such failure is due to events beyond our control.
17.5 Our aggregate liability to you in connection with these Terms shall not exceed the value of the goods ordered by you.
17.6 Notwithstanding anything else in these terms and conditions, we accept unlimited liability in respect of human death or personal injury caused by our negligence.
- Intellectual property
18.1 The intellectual property rights in the material contained in the Webshop, together with the website design, text and graphics and their selection and arrangement and all software compilations, underlying source code and software (including applets) belongs to us and/or our licensors. All rights are reserved. None of this material may be reproduced (including by downloading or printing) or redistributed without our written permission.
19.1 If you have a complaint, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
19.2 If you breach these Terms and we take no action against you, we will still be entitled to use our rights and remedies in any other situation where you breach these Terms.
19.3 If any part of these Terms is disallowed or found to be ineffective by any court or regulator, the other provisions shall continue to apply.
19.4 These Terms are not intended to give rights to anyone except you and us.
19.5 We will do our best to resolve any disputes over these Terms. If you wish to take court proceedings against us you must do so within the United Kingdom. Relevant United Kingdom law will apply.