Specific CKW Heart and Kidney Support is for heart failure, hypertension, oedema, chronic renal insufficiency, hepatic insufficiency (except patients with cholestasis) and urate, oxalate or cystine urolithiasis.
Size: 6 x 300g
- Specific CKW Heart & Kidney Support has unique high levels of the omega-3 fatty acids EPA and DHA derived from fish oil. In dogs with cardiac disease, EPA can counteract cachexia, improve arrhythmia and reduce hypertension and platelet aggregation. In dogs with kidney failure, omega-3 fatty acids can help slow down the progression of kidney failure.
- Heart & Kidney support: In congestive heart failure, sodium excretion is reduced as part of the compensatory response to the reduced cardiac output and consequently sodium and water retention occurs. The reduced sodium level helps to break the vicious circle of water retention (hypertension and oedema). This is essential for both kidney, liver and heart patients.
- Kidney support: A restricted content of phosphorus is essential to prevent hyperphosphataemia and to slow down the progression of kidney insufficiency.
- Liver & kidney support: The reduced content of protein in combination with protein of high biological value reduces azotemia in dogs with renal failure. In dogs with liver failure, it reduces the likelihood of hyperammonaemia and possible hepatic encephalopathy. The high biological value of the proteins supplies a sufficient amount of essential amino acids to the dog.
- Urinary crystal & stone protection: The restricted protein level reduces the urinary concentrations of oxalate, cystine and urate. Together with the alkaline urine pH, this reduces precipitation of urinary calcium oxalate, cystine and urate crystals. Added potassium citrate reduces the risk of calcium oxalate precipitation.
Pork, rice, maize, wheat, fish oil, eggs, powdered cellulose, minerals, Plantago psyllium husk, vitamins and trace elements, taurine, L-carnitine. Contains no artificial antioxidants, dyes or flavouring.
Therapeutic Diet – Whilst a prescription is not needed to purchase this product, this diet should only be used in conjunction with regular conversations with your veterinarian to ensure it is suitable for the dietary needs of your pet(s).
If you are in any doubt, it is recommended you seek the advice of your veterinary surgeon before using this product.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.