Specific CKD Heart & Kidney Support is for heart failure (with concurrent kidney failure), hypertension, oedema, chronic renal insufficiency, hepatic insufficiency (except patients with cholestasis) and urate, oxalate or cystine urolithiasis.Benefits
- Specific CKD Heart & Kidney Support has unique high levels of the omega-3 fatty acids EPA and DHA derived from fish oil.
- In dogs with cardiac disease EPA counteracts cachexia, improves arrhythmia andreduces hypertension and platelet aggregation.
- In dogs with kidney failureomega-3 fatty acids help to slow down the progression of kidney failure.
- In congestive heart failure, sodium excretion is reduced as part of the compensatory response to the reduced cardiac output and consequently sodium and water retention occurs.
- The reduced sodium level helps to break the vicious circle of water retention (hypertension and oedema). This is essential for both kidney, liver and heart patients.
- A restricted content of phosphorus is essential to prevent hyperphosphataemia and to slow down the progression of kidney insufficiency.
- The reduced content of protein in combination with protein of high biological value and an alkaline pH reduces azotemia in dogs with renal failure.
- In dogs with liver failure it reduces the likelihood of hyperammonaemia and possible hepatic encephalopathy.
- The high biological value of the proteins supplies a sufficient amount of essential amino acids to the dog.
- The restricted protein level reduces the urinary concentrations of oxalate, cystine and urate. Together with the alkaline urine pH, this prevents precipitation of urinary calcium oxalate, cystine and urate crystals.
- Added potassium citrate reduces the risk of calcium oxalate precipitation.
Maize starch, wheat, rice, fish oil, animal fat, potato protein, minerals (including zeolite), fish meal, eggs, hydrolysed pork protein, wheypowder, powdered cellulose, vitamins and trace elements, tripotassium citrate, taurine, L-carnitine, methionine, sunflower oil. Contains no synthetic colours or flavourings. With antioxidants: BHA, BHT, propyl gallate, ascorbyl palmitate.
If you are in any doubt, it is recommended you seek the advice of your veterinary surgeon before using this product.