Get rid of fleas
Fleas sneak into our homes by hitching a ride on our pets’ coats, where they breed rapidly by laying eggs. They can work themselves into our soft furnishings, which is where a treatment spray is needed. Our Ultimate House Flea Spray helps to get rid of these annoying parasites.
How does flea spray work?
The key to getting rid of fleas permanently is to ensure that both existing fleas and their eggs are killed. This is done by using active ingredients which both provide fast and effective control of adult fleas. Our flea spray is also key to breaking the flea life cycle, preventing the development and growth of flea eggs and flea larvae in the home for up to six months.
Effective flea treatment
As well as getting rid of fleas, our Ultimate Household Spray also targets ants, cockroaches and silverfish, making it an excellent all-round household pest spray for pet owners.
How to use the spray
- Read the full instructions on the aerosol can.
- Remove ALL pets and children from the room.
- Remove or cover all aquatic life.
- Test on an inconspicuous area of material.
- Shake the can well before use.
- Hold the can about 30cm away from the area.
- Spray the entire floor area (and the walls up to 1 metre high).
- Pay particular attention to cracks, crevices, skirting boards and under furniture.
- We recommend leaving the area closed for two hours, and then ventilate for at least 30 minutes.
- Ensure all areas, materials and pet bedding treated are fully dry before reintroducing children and pets.
As well as using PDSA Vet Care Ultimate Household Flea Spray:
- Wash pet bedding on a high temperature 60°c.
- Turn the heating up to create a humid environment for eggs to hatch into larvae.
- Vacuum every day. Vacuuming not only helps remove flea eggs in the home, but it also encourages flea pupae to hatch.
- Allow pets normal access to rooms in the house to encourage fleas out of hiding.
- Re-spray the house regularly during an infestation – every two weeks to a month.
- Use a veterinary recommended flea product for all pets in the household.
- If you clean carpets or wash surfaces, you will need to retreat the area with the spray.
- A 10 second burst treats 1 square metre of surface. The 500ml can will be sufficient to treat a typical family home.
- Please read all instructions on the pack carefully before use.
- DO NOT contaminate foodstuffs, eating utensils or food contact surfaces.
- DO NOT apply to animals.
- DO NOT apply to clothing or human bedding.
- DO NOT touch treated surfaces until dry.
- For indoor use only.
- Household flea treatments can be particularly TOXIC to cats, so ensure they don’t sneak back into the treated area before it’s dried.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.